A home remedy for minor cuts and injuries
Not every injury requires a visit to the emergency room. If you cut yourself or have a minor skin injury, you can follow these steps to heal the area faster and more effectively.
1. Stop any bleeding with a bit of cayenne pepper, sprinkled on your wound. After an initial burning sensation, the bleeding should stop.
2. Use hydrotherapy to disinfect your wounds and draw out the puss. Keep your injury in very hot water for 3 minutes, and then in ice cold water for 30 seconds. This process stimulates blood flow and pushes out any infection.
3. Place a raw potato poultice onto the infected area for at least 4 hours or overnight. Rinse with warm water and repeat if the wound remains infected.
4. Once infection subsides, apply raw organic honey. You can bandage the area or leave it uncovered.
5. After several hours, rinse the honey with water and apply a bit of organic virgin coconut oil to soften and nourish the skin.
Improvements after 36 hours
After one session of hydrotherapy, the potato-honey treatment repeated over a period of 2 days, and one application of coconut oil, affected areas have dramatically improved.
In comparison to a small scar on the knee that was left unattended, treated scars have virtually disappeared.
Onion socks for cold or flu symptoms
Onions are rich in sulphuric compounds, and thus absorb viruses, toxins, and chemicals. This simple treatment can elevate signs of cold or flu, helps to decongest and clears your sinuses.
1. Place several slices of onion onto a clean cloth and put your foot on top. Pull over a comfortable sock and repeat with your other foot.
2. Leave these on overnight, or wear during the day so the onion juice penetrates your skin even more.
3. When you finish your treatment, discard the onions and wash the cloth and socks with other laundry.
Treatment for varicose veins
1. Mix several finely grated garlic cloves, half a glass of orange juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Let it sit for 12 hours.
2. Gently apply this mixture onto affected areas in circular motion. Do this until it's well absorbed.
3. Then take a warm towel or bandage and wrap the area. Leave this on for about 50 minutes
For better sleep
1. Mix one tablespoon of coconut oil with a quarter of a teaspoon of raw honey.
2. Add a pinch of sea salt and stir.
3. Swallow one tablespoon, followed by a glass of water.
A natural remedy for dark spots
1. Mash one potato with three tablespoons of lemon juice until you get a homogenous mixture.
2. Apply this on your face, and massage in a circular motion.
3. Leave on for 20 minutes and then rinse with water.
Young green walnuts are rich in vitamin C, iodine and many other medicinal substances. When infused in natural and high-quality honey, they create a medicine that treats multiple conditions. This syrup prevents anaemia and improves blood flow, strengthens immunity and cleanses and detoxifies the liver, stomach and kidneys. It also soothes a sore throat and helps with respiratory tract disorders such as bronchitis.
How to prepare the syrup:
1. Clean, dry and cut into quarters forty young green walnuts (use gloves so you don't stain your fingers). Place into a clean jar.
2. Pour 1kg of organic honey over the nuts and tightly close the jar with a lid.
3. Leave in a warm and sunny spot for one month. Occasionally mix the content with a clean spoon.
4. After a month, walnuts should release their healing compounds into the honey, and the syrup should become darker and more liquid. Remove the nuts and label and seal the jar. Store the liquid in a dark and cool place.
5. Take one teaspoon of this delicious remedy every morning.